Refinishing hardwood: Testing stain colours
Refinishing hardwood: Sanding the floor down
The beautiful finished product!
For homeowners renovating or redecorating, refinishing your floors will give you a brand new look to your existing hardwood floors!
The hardwood refinishing process is as follows:
- Baseboards are removed and the entire floor surface is sanded down
- You choose your stain colour: many options are available and custom stains are possible
- The floor is carefully stained
- Finishing top coats are applied to harden and protect the surface
- Baseboards are put back
- Refinished floors have a sleek, even surface without the bevelled edges that you see in a pre-finished floor.
Your old floors will be like new again!